Who we are
Chiz’s specializes in premium, freshly – made dips, dressings and salsas. All prepared solely by hand. Our goal and vision are to connect people through our premium fresh dressings, dips, and salsas.
What we stand for
Chiz’s Creates and maintains a work environment where people learn, grow and excel as they take accountability to collectively deliver the Chiz’s brand to our customers.
What you can expect
- Products you will be proud to be a part of
- Paid training
- Percentage of health care paid for
- Paid vacation days
- A welcoming team that will feel like family
- Rapid growth for the right candidate
What We expect
- Eager to learn and grow
- Honesty and integrity
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Working in 38 degrees throughout the day
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to help other team members
- Takes directions and follows through
Where we are
Chiz’s Foods is located in the beautiful city of Salt Lake City, Utah. We service the entire state of both Utah and Idaho.
What to join our family
If you feel that you would be a great fit for this position, please apply.
Description of Responsibilities
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for leading, developing, managing, and executing all quality systems required within his/her area of responsibility. These systems include working with customers, suppliers, corporate personnel, and manufacturing staff. The QA Supervisor is responsible for the strategic development and auditing of quality systems such as SQF (Safe Quality Food), HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures). He/she supervises the plant’s quality and safety department while providing day-to-day quality assurance leadership to ensure all products shipped are food-safe and meet customer expectations. He/she is responsible for communication of food quality standards to plant personnel through training, corrective actions, quality audits, and production and facility monitoring.
Primary job duties (functions) may include but are not limited to the following
- Maintain and ensure the quality and integrity of raw materials, packaging materials, and finished goods throughout the receiving, production, storage, handling, shipping, and distribution processes.
- Maintain Food Safety Fundamentals and Food Safety Plan.
- Oversee the review and maintenance of the SQF Plan.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF Plan.
- Communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF Plan.
- Implement and maintain an effective internal GMP audit program and ensure compliance with regulatory and customer requirements.
- Handle customer complaint investigations and customer response procedures.
- Manage and audit HACCP program compliance.
- Coordinate monthly GMP facility audits, including glass and hard plastic inspections.
- Facilitate third-party audits and inspections from regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate and participate in mock recalls.
- Oversee the management of finished product and raw ingredient specifications along with the maintenance of all appropriate documentation, whether physically or digitally.
- Oversee the safe implementation of new ideas and changes to processes or product lines.
- Monitor lab results, including verification tests and environmental monitoring.
- Review all Quality Assurance and Quality Control documents, including sanitation schedules, maintenance schedules, and any other relevant documentation.
- Continually apprise Senior Management of all related issues affecting quality, safety, and the SQF plan.
- BS degree in Food Safety, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, or other related field OR XXXXX [ see initial job posting]
- Experience working with quality systems, including SQF.
- HACCP certification.
- SQF Practitioner certification.
- Experience working directly with customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in advanced quality statistics, measurement system analysis, and continuous improvement.
Other Related Skills
- Statistical and analytical problem solving using defined methodologies.
- Leading development and implementation of quality, food safety, and SQF strategic goals.
- Personnel performance management and ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Motivation, coaching, and leadership abilities, including the ability to train effectively.
- Planning and preventive system skills.
- Ability to think strategically and make decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in standard computer applications.
- 100% accuracy and attention to detail to ensure adherence to regulatory and quality systems.
- Behavior and work performance shall comply with applicable SQF policies and procedures.
- Long periods of standing and walking on hard, concrete surfaces.
- Exposure to cold temperatures (between 36 and 40 F).
- Not allergic to milk, eggs, or soy.
- Occasional lifting, up to 50 lbs., to identify and inspect product.
Please apply here